Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Top 10 Things I Learned from the FPRA Social Media Cafe'

I attended the FPRA Social Media Cafe' Last Friday and learned some really cool things about social media! I swear I've heard some of these things before, but I guess I just need to keep pounding them into my brain to make them functional!

Here's my Top 10 List! Enjoy!

1. You press releases should have key words that link back to your site – keywords that would come up in a Google search. (Got this one down with the Million Dollar Coupon campaign!)

2. You can search www.twitter.com with a # symbol in front of the word you are looking for.

3. You can use www.Tweetlater.com to schedule your tweets. How cool is that?

4. www.socialmention.com – monitors blogs and sends you alerts.

5. www.StartPR.com – monitors Twitter, Flickr, YouTube and blogs. Try it!

6. Social media clubs are the wave of the future. To find one in your area, visit www.socialmediaclub.org.

7. You should use Twitter to link back to your site. (Whew! Already doing this one!)

8. You can use www.ping.fm and www.posterous.com for cross-posting! Way cool!

9. Online Newsrooms are not just for news releases and media kits -- you should also have video and photos...and links to your blogs, YouTube channel and Twitter and Facebook accounts.

10. Also, online newsrooms should have their own dedicated web address. The most common is www.news.YourCompanyName.com.

There you have it! Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment