Wednesday, July 8, 2009

2009 PR Professional of the Year

I received a very big honor yesterday. The Southwest Florida Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association named me the 2009 PR Professional of the Year.

I don't think I can put into words what this means to me. For 13 years, I have watched seasoned PR professionals accept this award for their hard work and dedication to the profession. I have always dreamed of being honored in this way someday … I just didn’t realize that day was already here.

I owe much of my professional success to FPRA. When I moved to Florida 13 years ago, I joined the organization and jumped right in – volunteering on different committees and serving in board positions, including President in 2000.

I took very seriously the opportunity to learn from those around me, and I still do! What a gift – a group of 100 local PR professionals dedicated to helping others become better PR professionals! How can one go wrong?

With FPRA, you get out of it what you put into it. There are opportunities abound!

To expand my learning opportunities and networking, I even spent some time serving on the State board of directors. What an incredible experience that is!

The networking from this statewide organization has built my business. I have never advertised. I just continue to do what I do. What I love.

Thank-you to all of the members of FPRA for being so amazing at what you do and for sharing it with the rest of us! Thank you for your vote of confidence!

PHOTO NOTES: I was in good company! Pictured with me are: Laura Puerto, Chapter Member of the Year and Carla Ulakovic, Rising Star of the Year. What an honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment